Thursday, June 3, 2010

Book #29: Playing With Fire


Novel Title: Playing With Fire

Author: Gena Showalter

ISBN: 978-0-373-77129-5

Price: US $6.99 CAN $8.50

Pages: 374

First Sentence:
(On Belle's Resume)
Objective: To find an exciting, exhilarating career with the opportunity for advancement and a low rate of employee dismissals.

Summary:

Earth, Wind & Fire aren't just a band anymore...
Used to be my greatest achievement was holding a job more than three days. Now suddenly I can shoot fireballs, chill your drink or blow-dry your hair at fifty paces with a blink of my eye!
It all started when this crazy scientist dropped something in my Grande Mocha Latte. Of course I got wicked sick. Next morning I'm waking up with this total hottie bending over me. He tells me 1) his name's Rome Masters, 2) he's a government agent and 3) I can control the four elements with a thought.
He seems even less pleased by my (apparently irreversible) transformation than I am...Because now he'll have to kill me.

My Thoughts:

This book is hilarious! I was literally laughing my ass off and that's not good 'cause I'm pretty fond of my ass. The main character, Belle, has this outlook on life that is a typical woman in the 21st century. She has a FABULOUS sense of humor.
Rome, of course, is delicious. And he has a little superpower of his own. Sunny, his little daughter, is tooooooo cute! Lexis, his ex, is alright but i don't really like her that much. *shrugs* oh well.
Gena Showalter was a genius when she came up with Belle and her whole situation. Belle seems to be like a real person you would be like or someone you would know. Just a crazy girl. But she is AWESOME!
My 3rd favorite character is Tanner because he is just so funny. He's this random guy that inadvertently helps Belle escape from Pretty Boy (aka Vincent Jones). He is a typical teenage guy. Horny as hell but so sensitive <-- hint!. And he makes wicked booby sandwiches *wink*
This book was fantastic! I was expecting more hanky panky with Rome and Belle but the whole story builds up their relationship and their love that it was just totally worth it.

So... go to your local bookstore or order online just as long as you don't make this book full of forgotten pages.

~Amy

1 comment:

  1. If I didn't know better I would have thought you chose most of your books by their covers!
    HOT!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete