Thursday, June 10, 2010

Book #31: Night Game

Novel Title: Night Game

Author: Christine Feehan

ISBN: 0-515-73976-9

Pages: 469

Price: US - $9.99 CAN- $13.50

Summary:

Gator Fontenot of the Special Forces paranormal squad can't refuse an urgent request to save the elusive Iris "Flame" Johnson, a victim of the same horrific experiments that warped Gator. Now unleashed, she's a red-haired weapon of unimaginable destructive powers, a walking time bomb bent on revenge in the sultry bayous of New Orleans and hunted by a shadowy assassin. It's Gator's job to reel Flame in. But can two people haunted by violent betrayals trust the passion that soon ignites them? Or is one of them just playing another seductive and deadly night game?

My Thoughts:

I wasn't really expecting much for this book. I was kind of excited to get it because it was written by Christine Feehan who is absolutely amazing. Although I love her, I wasn't in love with this book. It could have been that I thought that I was missing an entire plot line. Is this book in a series? No idea.
I think the characters in this novel were a little over dramatic. Flame definatly was a little dramatic in trying to get revenge for getting her powers. Hello? At least your not dead... At least be a little grateful.
And I thought Gator would be more of a tortured soul. Instead he was just a regular guy who had some "shadows". Whatever that means.
The one character that I did love was Nonny. She was the cutest little grandmother and so innocent. :-D
Other than that though, the romance scenes were nothing special. The action scenes were confusing and the overall plot wasn't the best. *shrugs* oh well.
This book wasn't my favorite but it very well could be yours.

So... go to your local bookstore or order online just as long as you don't make this book full of forgotten pages.

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment